12 Inspiring Ideas For Earth Science Essay Topics
Earth Science is known as the study of the Earth. Studying of the Earth can range from the mineral and dirt layers (located in the Earth’s core), natural resources (oxygen, minerals, crude oil, diamonds, etc…), to the ozone layer that can protect you from the sun’s UV rays. One of the most exciting developments that have been studied on Earth is how the Earth’s layers of crust develop precious minerals, gold, diamonds, oil. All four of these precious resources are remarkable and highly sought out by many. The study of the Earth’s resources, weather, movement, and history are just a few categories, to sum up, some possible writing topics. Take a look at the below list of potential essay topics dealing with Earth Science.
12 Earth Science Essay Topics:
- The Change of Earth over the Past Fifty Years?
- How to Care for our Earth Going Forward?
- The Earth’s Underground Movement?
- How are Mountains Formed on Earth?
- How old is Our Earth?
- How are Mountains Naturally Destroyed?
- How to Become a Geologist to Study Earth Science?
- What Would Happen if the Earth’s Orbit Slowed Down or Sped up?
- How is Gold Formed?
- How are Diamonds Formed?
- Study the Weather Patterns across the Count
- Studying the Plate Shift of the Continents?
It has been documented that the Earth frequently changes from weather patterns and storms to the mountains, valleys, and volcanos. Scientist tends to believe that the continents plates are shifting so much so, that in a few 100 years from now the lands and road maps would be unrecognizable to today’s society. However, Earth Science predictions and reports are so ever changing from year end, and year out; the best way to chart the Earth’s changes would be to research the past confirmed events and compare to the past predicted events. You have to know where you came from in order to see where you are going. Then there is the idea that the Earth is not over billion years old as claimed, but less than 6,000 years old. And that we were not formed by accident of planets and solar systems colliding a few billion years ago, but by one spoken phrase, “Let there be….light, dark, water and seas, land, animals, trees, sky animals and sea animals. Let the dark be called night, and the light be called day. And he that shall believe and trust in me shall have everlasting life.” Just a thought!
List of 14 Interesting Earth Science Essay Topics You Should Consider
Writing a great earth science essay begins with selecting a great topic. Generally, you want something that will be interesting to both you and the reader. We know it can be hard to come up with essay ideas on your own, so we’ve put together this list of 14 interesting topics in Earth Science:
- What can we learn about how we have impacted the Earth so far and what we need to do to care for the Earth going forward into the next century?
- Can research studies about the Earth’s underground movement help us develop methods to predict major disasters like earthquakes and tsunamis?
- How do the earth’s rotation and its orbit around the sun affect the day, month, and year? How does the moon affect the day, month, and year?
- Provide a detailed history of the changes that occurred on the planet in the past fifty years? Are these changes a result of human’s impact on the environment?
- In terms of weather changes and geological changes, what can we predict about the effect on the Earth if its orbital spin were to slow down or speed up?
- Where are the largest magma chambers beneath the Earth that might be biggest volcanic super-eruptions threats to people around the world?
- How important is the West Antarctic ice sheet to the rise or fall of global sea levels and what do we know about its stability?
- What are the differences to how the oceans, lakes, and rivers are affected by solar eclipses and lunar eclipses?
- What do we know about plant life on earth and possibilities of finding life on any other planetary body in our solar system?
- What does one need to do to become an Earth scientist? How many years of graduate and post graduate work in the field is required?
- How does the shifting of continents affect the environment? Has this changed over the course of the past two centuries?
- Do you think the leading nations of the world are doing enough to learn about Earth Science as a means to prevent or prepare for major catastrophic events?
- Provide a history of how mountains are formed on Earth. What can we expect to see in terms of geological changes over the next century?
- How does climate change affect dry-land and forest vegetation and what does it do to the atmospheric composition around the world?