1The process of developing or presenting a theory, policy, or system in further detail.
‘his work led to the elaboration of a theory of evolution’
‘the concept needs more elaboration than a short essay allows’
- 1.1The addition of more detail concerning what has already been said.
‘the speech lacked any elaboration on concrete measures taken’
‘this is a point requiring elaboration’
- ‘Gleach's observations evoke a number of points that warrant elaboration.’
- ‘He provided some elaboration of his response to that plea in the course of his opening and in the course of answers to my questions.’
- ‘The seventeenth-century section could also have used some elaboration.’
- ‘But the flyers for these demonstrations just had a few slogans and no explanation or elaboration.’
- ‘I followed up with each of the 60 interviewees at least once, asking for clarification and elaboration.’
- ‘Each of these levels of analysis deserves more elaboration than we give here.’
- ‘This was by way of elaboration of his first statement, which dealt with the scope of the repainting undertaken using white and green paint.’
- ‘The figures in Jowell's letter need a little elaboration.’
- ‘Bad Acting: I mentioned this earlier, but it bears some quick elaboration.’
- ‘Please feel free to contact me should you want any elaboration on anything.’
- ‘Financial development refers to the expansion and elaboration of the financial structure, which encompasses institutions and instruments over time and space.’
- ‘These steps should be supplemented with the conceptual elaboration of political aspects of joint response to crises.’
- ‘Women played an important role in the emergence of Poland's modern political movements and the elaboration of their ideologies.’
- ‘What is significant here is seeing Sullivan applying it to the elaboration of a complex plan.’
- ‘Central to this, for the author, is the elaboration of the labour theory of value: that profits are but unpaid wages.’
- ‘The use and elaboration of the method will undoubtedly find new applications in research and development work.’
- ‘Some of his recommendations need further theoretical elaboration and should be checked in actual operational and combat training.’
- ‘The establishment of a national identity and its domestic elaboration were the preoccupation of this period.’
- ‘It is the very key to understanding the apostle Paul's elaboration of his doctrine of salvation.’
- ‘The period was marked both by the systematic elaboration and assertion of dynastic claims.’
Но одно не давало Фонтейну покоя - то, что Стратмор решил прибегнуть к услугам Халохота. Тот, конечно, был мастером своего дела, но наемник остается наемником.
Можно ли ему доверять. А не заберет ли он ключ .