The Edmodo Library is a great place to collect resources to use in your classroom. These can be files (of any format), links, videos, images, etc. To help you make the most of your Edmodo Library, here are four tips for organizing your library:
Folders are an excellent way to organize resources in your library. You can create folders for each group/course, project, unit of study or activity you hold in your classroom. Learn more about creating folders.
After you’ve added resources to your folders, you can re-order them by dragging and dropping the items into the order you prefer. Please note that this can only be done within folders. Your library is organized in reverse chronological order.
Edit or rename a folder by selecting the folder from the left panel, then placing your cursor on the folder name located at the top of the page, just above the “Play View” button. Once you’ve made your changes, select the green checkmark to save them.
Copy Shared Folders
If you find great resources from other educators within a shared folder, you easily copy that folder. To do this:
- Create a new folder.
- Select the “Shared with me” link located below the “New” folder icon.
- Select the group where the shared folder was located, then select the folder that has the content you want to copy.
- Select each piece of content you want to copy.
- On the right panel, select folder and choose the folder where you want to copy the info to.
Don’t forget that you can find great content for your folders through Edmodo Communities! Visit the subject area communities to see what valuable resources other educators are sharing. Visit the Publisher Communities to find digital content and resources offered by education publishers. (Select the “Collection” link on the left panel of any Publisher community to view the content.)
Setting up for the school year on Edmodo is easy! Need a refresher? Check out the new Teacher's Guide to Edmodo!
If you already have an Edmodo Account, here are some FAQs to get you prepared and ready:
1) What do I do with the old groups I created?
If you do not need an old group that you created, archive the groups. When a group is archived, all of the work and grades for the semester are saved, and the group is inactive.
2) How do I get my students in my new group?
After you create your groups, you can have your students join. Students with existing accounts can join with the Group Code or Join URL. Students who have never created an account can create an account to join. When your group code is locked, students can enter the locked code to enter an approval queue for your group.
3) Why is my Group Code Locked? Can students still use Locked Group Codes?
Group Codes automatically lock after two weeks to maintain the teacher's control over who joins the Group. No worries though - locked Group Codes can still be used to join a Group! The teacher simply needs to approve a student's request to join after they use a locked code before the student is added to the Group. Teachers can also unlock their Group Code at any time, which will generate a brand new Group Code. Learn more about Group Codes here.
4) How do I delete posts from last year?
There is no way to mass delete posts, but don't worry, there isn't a need to do this! We recommend creating new groups and archiving your old groups. Once new posts appear in your new groups, the old posts will be pushed off your "Latest Posts" page.
5) Where is the App Store? How do I use Apps from Spotlight?
Because there are many overlapping qualities between the Edmodo Store and Spotlight, on June 30th 2016, all up-to-date Edmodo Store apps automatically transitioned into Spotlight. Learn more about Edmodo apps and how to share them here.
6) How do I clear my Progress Book in the Progress section?
We recommend that you create a new group for each new grading period and archive your old groups, which will clear the Progress Book in your Progress section.
7) How do I get my students’ parents ready for the school year?
If the parent has an Edmodo account, and the student is using the same account as last year, the parent is all ready to go. As the child joins or leaves classes or schools, the parent account will automatically update. If the parent has never created an account, they can easily create one by obtaining the student's Parent Code.
8) I’m at a new school this year; what should I do with my old groups and how do I get this to reflect on my profile?
First, be sure to delete any group you own with students in it from your previous school or request to transfer group ownership to a teacher at your former school. Then, select your Current School in your Account Settings. Then, if your new school has a school or district network, go to the network page (ex: MyDistrict.edmodo.com), log in with your existing username and password, and enter the School Code when prompted.
9) How can I moderate my Student posts?
There are three options available to you in regard to monitoring student posting in your groups.
- Default new group members to Read-Only status.
- Set all group members or a single group member to Read-Only status.
- Moderate all posts prior to the post going live.
10) My calendar events are off; the dates on posts and assignments are different than what my students and parents see. How do I fix this?
Please make sure students, parents, and teachers all have matching time zones and this will clear up the issue. Change your timezone in your Account Settings.