82 Carlingford Street
Flemingtown NSW 2053
M: 0400 000 000
Nurse Unit Manager
Re: Senior Registered Nurse
Dear Mr Newitt,
I am writing to apply for the position of Senior Registered Nurse at Healthnet, as advertised on 3 August 2013.
I have a Bachelor of Nursing from Sydney University and over four years’ experience working as a Registered Nurse in the Coronary Care Unit at St Margaret’s Hospital. Prior to my role at St Margaret’s, I worked as an Endorsed Enrolled Nurse at St Bartholomew Hospital, where I gained a diverse range of clinical skills and experiences in acute patient care.
I am a responsible, caring and professional nurse skilled in providing health care services of the highest standard. I take a methodical approach and my exceptional communication and interpersonal skills enable me to operate effectively in a multidisciplinary team. I have extensive experience providing detailed information and advice to patients, recording and analysing data, and following strict protocols for clinical assessment, tests and procedures. I possess a high attention to detail but am also capable of prioritising and maintaining a broad perspective in highly pressured situations.
My time as a nurse has taught me to be adaptable and resourceful, and I have the ability to take initiative and supervise others. Mentoring junior staff has provided me with great satisfaction and I would relish the opportunity to take a leadership role in an effective emergency team while diversifying my skills within a supportive environment.
I find great satisfaction in building an atmosphere of cooperation and quality service and I would love the opportunity to utilise my clinical knowledge and experience in health care to contribute to the quality service provision at Healthnet. I am compliant with all registration and background requirements and I have undertaken various professional development courses to stay abreast of current health care trends, technologies, methodologies and evidence-based guidelines.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the position with you further and look forward to hearing from you.
4688 Kyle Street
Wood River, NE 68883
Job Objective To obtain an Aged Care Nurse position in a company that will allow me to grow along with the company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of providing nursing care services to aged clients
- In-depth knowledge of essential needs and mental health of aged patients
- Remarkable knowledge of old age related ailments such as delirium and dementia
- Familiarity with established nursing and patient care practices and standards
- Ability to direct and coordinate activities of healthcare support staff
- Ability to deliver age-appropriate interventions and treatments to geriatric patients
Aged Care Nurse
WellCare, Wood River, NE
August 2012 – Present
- Developed, implemented, and evaluated nursing care plan for geriatric patients.
- Directed and managed activities of health care assistants and subordinate nurses, as assigned.
- Administered correct medications and delivered appropriate medical interventions, efficiently.
- Observed and recorded patients’ responses to their individual plan of care.
- Handled and responded to treatment and nursing care related queries of patients and their families.
- Attended and participated in various health promotion and education activities.
- Oversaw and assisted with delivery of excellent and safe nursing care to aged patients.
- Reported to and worked under supervision of Registered Nurse, as required.
- Interpreted and adhered to established nursing and aged care standards and practices.
- Built and maintained positive relationships with medical personnel, patients and their families.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Sacramento City College, Sacramento, CA